- The MPAPI event is a great event to watch professional plein air painters create their artistic visions of Maui, its people, the landscape, and historical buildings. You can meet the artists, talk with the artists, and hopefully purchase a painting that inspires you.
- MPAPI will enhance your Hawaiian experience by understanding local culture.
- Appropriate for all ages, so it’s a great bonding activity for entire family.
- This is a wonderful opportunity to learn more about plein air impressionism and the Hawaiian culture at the same time.
- Most activities have flexible schedules you can come when you want and stay as long as you like with the artists. You can just do a simple walk about, too. Many activities will take place at venues where you might already be, so just drop by and take a peek!
- You can purchase original paintings at affordable prices at the Art to Heart Gala & Art Sale, the Artists’ Aloha Reception, the Artists’ Farewell Gathering, and at individual art sales during the week. The best part is that you can own paintings from some of the most experienced plein air artists in the United States. If you are a local resident, it will serve as a fond reminder of what we all appreciate about living on Maui. If you are visiting, a painting will be a valued memento of your stay in Maui, Hawaii.
- Hawaii is the #1 honeymoon destination and Maui is host to many of these visiting newlyweds. MPAPI activities are casual, intimate, and you can make it romantic, too. Perhaps MPAPI will instill the love of art, impressionism, or Maui/Hawaii that you can share as a couple.
- Come join us – become a MPAPI art enthusiast!
All the activities are open to the public. Some activities have collectors’ events that have an entry fee. Please check our events page for more info.
Yes, MPAPI usually offers two workshops; one prior to the weeklong event and one after. Please review our events page for details and costs.
Our event is ‘intimate’ as there are 24 participating artists. We want you to come, meet the artists, watch them paint, and become a continuing supporter and attendee to the MPAPI annual events. From our roster of professional participating artists to our event organizers and sponsors, to all the friendly business owners throughout Maui you will experience our Spirit of Aloha. Each year our Ohana (Family) of ‘Art Enthusiasts’ grows and many return year after year.
This week was selected because winter time on Maui is ‘warm.’ Many people want to travel to warm climates (and go to the beaches). What better place is there than Maui? This week coincides with many schools’ spring breaks, so families can spend the week on Maui, Hawaii.
Make air flight and car rental reservations as early as possible. February is Maui’s busiest month. The best source for rental cars, hotels/resorts, and restaurants can be researched at Trip Advisor. The event is held on the West Side of Maui in Lahaina, Kaanapali, and Kapalua. These towns are approximately one hour from the Kahului Airport. There are many resorts and hotels to consider. Tip: Type in Lahaina for listings. Three resorts are MPAPI sponsors; Pioneer Inn, Royal Lahaina Resort, and Montage Kapalua Bay. Located under the ABOUT tab with links directly to their websites.